Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Your Main Character

Who is your main character? Every story has one, but who is yours? Not just their name or their age or their hair color, but what is their favorite food or book? What are their pet peeves? These are things that you want to know about your main character in order to write a successful story. 

My main characters always seem to end up being an idea form of me. The main character I am currently working with is named Lena. If I could edit myself I would end up being like Lena. But of course I can't just make her the idea person, because that's not what readers like. Readers like people they can relate to, people with faults. So if you're like me and you base your character off of yourself, use your own habits within your character. For example, if you bite your nails when you're nervous, have your character do that to. Find something within your character that you relate to and write with that. 

Question: How are you and your main character similar? 

Alysa Tarrant

No comments:

Post a Comment