Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Computers for Writers

Of the late I have been researching computers for writers. A writer's computer is their life. It's where we write our stories, do our research, and contact agents and publishers. Here are some of my requirements for a new computer, which I have not found yet but would love suggestions!

  • Light
  • Under 16 inches
  • Easily accessible documents
  • Can play music
  • Access internet
  • Fast
  • Over 200 GB
  • Good battery light

As of right now I am leaning toward a Chromebook. The only thing I don't like is that I will have to use Google Docs all the time and that I would have to transfer all of my music. As for the Google Docs that's not too much of a problem except for the fact that there is limited space on Google Docs. The price is also fairly good. It's just below $300. 

I am also considering a Mac. Macs seem to be great in every sense except that they're usually over $1000, which let's be honest, most of us teen writers can't afford. 

Question: What kind of computer do you use and what do you like about it?

Alysa Tarrant

No comments:

Post a Comment