Monday, February 10, 2014

Inspiration

Inspiration is one of those things that everyone thinks will just pop out of no where. I hate to break it to you but odds are not in your favor that an entire book will pop into your head while you're in the shower. Don't wait for that book to write itself. Sit down and write!

Sure, a lot of my posts are about just sitting down and writing, but to me, that is the most important part of writing. In fact, I'm going back and writing an outline for my book to help add things in and give it some bulk.

While trying to write this outline I was having trouble finding things to add. So I talked to a few of my friends. A shout out to them for letting me ruin the series for them but they did give me some great ideas which will definitely be helpful. So if you're looking for inspiration try your friends or go to my writers block page.

Comment below if you're stuck and I'll do my best to help you out!

Writing Tip: If you give your book to people to edit, don't be discouraged if they don't like it or they have a lot of corrections. Not liking it means that your book is controversial which will make it more interesting to read and a lot of corrections just means it's getting better.

Alysa Tarrant

No comments:

Post a Comment