Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ranting: Only You Can Make You Happy

Ranting is not a good thing to do when you're writing, unless it's a really good rant and you're really good at writing rants. So instead rant on your blog like I am about to do!

It is up to you, to make you happy. We all face our own battles, and most battles are with yourself. There's an old tale that goes something like this. "In each of us there are two wolves. These wolves are fighting a constant battle. One wolf fights for goodness and happiness. The other wolf fights for evil and cruelty. But who will win? The one you feed." It's easier to feed the bad wolf. We've all been there and we have all fed the bad wolf. It's because that wolf will eat anything, while the good wolf will only eat things that are actually good for you. For example: the bad wolf eats self harm, self doubt, and mean thoughts. The good wolf eats things like happiness and friendship and compliments.

Let me try making another point. Every single person out there has a little voice in their head. That voice says mean things about you and other people. He says things like, "You're fat! You're ugly. You're stupid! That person smells. That person is an idiot." Shut that voice up. Flick him off of your shoulder because he is wrong. He will always be wrong. Don't let him tell you what's what.

Back around to my main point. You are the only person in this world that can truly make you happy. If you have ever read Catcher in the Rye you might know what I mean. I hated this book. Plain and simple, I did not like it. I didn't like this book because of the main character. He spends most of the book moping around about his bad life. If you don't like your life it is up to you to change it! Don't be like that main character.

Now that most of the rant is out of my system I just have one more thing to say.

If you ever consider cutting I would like you to remember this. No one is worth cutting for. Not one person, animal, or thing in this world is worth harming yourself for. I don't care if you love them or are doing this for them.

Picture your body as a baby. Would you cut a baby? Burn a baby? Hit a babies head against a wall? Would you ever harm a baby? No. You wouldn't because that baby is beautiful. Even if it's chubby or if it's a bit smelly or it has trouble with something. You would never do that to a baby.

If you are ever struggling with something please comment and I will do my best to help you. Emotionalbaggagecheck.com is also a great resource. Another great thing to do is to draw a butterfly wherever you cut. Don't cut that butterfly.

If you've made it this far I applaud you. But you are probably wondering why I wrote this. I in fact have never self harmed or thought about self harming and I realize now how extremely lucky I am. I'm writing this because I have friends and people I love that have admitted that they have cut themselves or self harmed. You are so loved. Please don't forget that.

I love you.

Alysa Tarrant

No comments:

Post a Comment