Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Closet/ The Book Break

I have decided that the book is going into the closet. My book is literally, in my closet, on a shelf, in time out. At least temporarily. I think all books need a time out at least once. Sometimes you just have to step back and not think about it, so when you come back later, whether that's a week, a month, or even a year, you can see your book with fresh eyes. You start to see your characters in a different light.

I shall call this: The Annual Book Break

During the month of April the book I am currently working on (unless I'm really on a roll) will get a month off while I do Camp Nanowrimo, and start another book that will go in the closet during November, Nanorwrimo month and so on and so forth. We will see how this system will go.

Do you give your book a break?

Alysa Tarrant 

No comments:

Post a Comment