Friday, March 7, 2014

Bed Rest and Camp Nanowrimo

I have found that being confined to bed has been helpful in the sense that I am actually working on my novel. Just today I had my wisdom teeth pulled out. I'm a bit drowsy from the pain killers but it's actually very nice to be waited on hand and foot. I even have a bell by my bed!

Anyway, between replacing bloody gauze and waiting for videos to load I have been able to work on my novel. I finally made it past 50,000 words! As London Tipton would say, "Yay me!"

Now about camp. If you haven't signed up for Nanowrimo's camp in April, sign up now! You get cabin mates and everything. This will be my first year doing camp but I am honestly very excited. This is more relaxed than Nanowrimo's National Novel Writing Month in November. You get to set your own word count goal and you can write anything from a poem to the world's longest book.

I'm going to actually talk about more writerly things now. If there's one thing that absolutely terrifies me it's when people do stuff in my mouth. I have had two mouth surgeries and I have been lucky because my surgeon does a remarkable job. But nevertheless when I was driving to the surgery place with my mom I got a bit teary eyed. Everybody is afraid of something, including your fictional characters. Take the fear that you feel from something and use it with your character.

Question: What scares you and how does it feel?

Alysa Tarrant 

No comments:

Post a Comment