Sunday, April 6, 2014

Ways to Make Your Book Longer: Part 2

This is going to be a short post. I'm going to get straight to the point. Starting now.

Previously in my post about how to make your book longer that if you are desperate enough you can take out the contractions. I was wrong. I was so so so wrong it's embarrassing.

Let me explain why. There is a little voice in your head that reads things. If I put a comma here, you will will pause, where the, comma is. I have just proved my point to, you.

Now read these sentences in your head.

It is fun to dance and we will go dancing a lot.

It's fun to go dancing and we'll go dancing a lot.

Those are fairly bad examples but which one was nicer to read in your head.

There is (there's) my point.

Alysa Tarrant

No comments:

Post a Comment